Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring and Things

Well buy me a margarita and tell me I'm pretty 'cause I am DONE with my first year of law school, y'all!  Exams have left me feeling like a limp noodle, so here are some pictures of finals-meals in lieu of regular post-age (which will commence soon):























Spaghetti with Parsley and Roasted Almond Pesto, salad with strawberries from Jones Orchard, and a slice of ridiculously good strawberry custard, which I will post in all its glory tomorrow.

































Not super exciting, but a very delicious roasted chicken from West Wind Farms (plus, put some of that excess rosemary to good use!)


















Leftover chicken with a spring onion (Flora at Bluebird Farms) and radish (Whitton Farms) braise, of which much better pictures+recipe can be found here.


















In other domesticity, the plants are doing really well, but I'm pretty sure they resent their red solo-cup homes.  Was the best I could do while frantically memorizing Rule 26, but they'll get bigger digs later this week.






















Garlic babies have transformed into gangly garlic teenagers.

I also wish a very happy Mother's Day to the moms and the moms-t0-be, including Mama L, my adoptive Memphis mom, and the trio of very amazing Floridian women in my life:  my Jewish grandmother, who admonishes me to drink a malted every day to gain weight; my Mennonite grandmother, from whom I have inherited the family recipe for "Scalloped Potatoes for Eighty"; and my own mother, who taught me to make baking-powder biscuits, how to saute, the joys of punching down risen bread dough, and the patience it takes to make all-afternoon Amish buttermilk cookies; my mother who is an enthusiastic follower of this blog, and who is currently trying to use the fact that her daughter is in law school to get out of jury duty.  Thank you for everything.  You are all so special to me and I miss you like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment