Monday, June 29, 2009

New House Love

Turns out, my new place looks lovely at the 6-7 am hour.  How do I know?  It's the coolest time to move in the dead nasty middle of summer.

But when the moving is over, I get to wake up and come home to all this every day:





















































































(walk-in pantry, with pie safe-esque screen door)




















notice the pancake griddle built into the stove.  crepes for all!












































































It's midtown funk meets 100 years of sass (the house was built in 1907!), and I am totally, unapologetically smitten with it.

Food will resume soon, once all of my kitchen apparati are in one place.  I'm craving, in no particular order:  my great-grandma's chocolate cake, fresh tomato-nectarine-jalepeno salsa, zucchini bread.  All that good stuff, and more, to come!

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely!!! What a great-lookin' house-- can't wait to sit on that swing with some cheap gin and pita chips in August:)

    ReplyDelete