Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Still Pork Week: Garlic-Ginger Roast Pork




















Greetings from the interior.  That is, I am presently at (our NEW!  HUGE!  PRETTY!) school, eating the leftovers of this blogpost.  So I can vouch that this is, indeed, good reheated!

Anyway, so take the rest of your tenderloin or roast from last night's scaloppine.  Maybe slice off a little more for a pork stir-fry tomorrow night.  Just add some sweet and new potatoes, or any other root veggie you want, and you've got a satisfying winter meal.  I'm having my lunch with leftover rice from scaloppine night.  Hey, I'm being resourceful!

Garlic-Ginger Roast Pork
From The Pleasures of Cooking for One by Judith Jones

1 fat garlic clove
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I used powered and it tasted alright to me)
1 pork tenderloin
freshly ground pepper
A handful of winter vegetable chunks
































Chop the garlic clove fine, then sprinkle on the salt and mash with the flat of your chef's knife.
















Smear the mustard, the mashed garlic, and the ginger over both sides of the pork, and pepper generously.  Refrigerate at least one hour, and until you are ready to roast.
















Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the tenderloin/roast in the middle of a roasting pan, with whatever vegetables you are roasting scattered around it.  Roast for 30 minutes (NOTE: if you are using a bone-in roast, like I did, it will take longer than that), then remove the meat and let rest for 5 or 10 minutes, while you finish the vegetables.




















Save the rest for tomorrow's lunch.

This was very tasty, and re-learning how to cook through a week is refreshing my enthusiasm for cooking.  Woo!  I'd had enough of pasta for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Pork Week > Shark Week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this garlic-ginger roast Pork Stir Fry. I hope I can make it perfect. And I'm hoping also that you can share a lots of recipes here in your blog. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete