Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

It's Thanksgiving, y'all. I'm thankful for friends who've come back, jobs that've found my friends, babies and engagements and graduations, hidden nooks and crannies of this city, and most of all, people who are there through the awesome and awful. I miss my Florida family and friends a whole lot, but I'm so grateful for my support network in Memphis that has sustained me through these three years of law school.

It's a food blog and all, so I want to say that I'm super thankful for all of the farmers who are dedicated to eating from our own earth, for the explosive growth of farmers' markets here, the support of local chefs, opportunities for urban gardening, and the recognition that access to clean, good food should not just be a white peoples' problem. There has been so much progress on the Memphis local food scene in the past two years. There's a market in a food desert. There are even several markets that run through the winter. And I feel like there are many more exciting things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment