Monday, January 10, 2011

School Day Snow Day!

Snow day! What better way to spend it than rereading The Portrait of a Lady and ignoring the accumulation of emails in the inbox? I'm especially pleased that the first day of school is cancelled, giving me a two-day first week back (and [thanks to Martin Luther King Day] a two-day next week, too). For the folks at home, fret not, I'm certainly not driving in this slush. Here are some pictures of the so-called thundersnow.
















1/9/2011, 6:00 PM... after much beseeching of the weather gods and earnest completion of the homework, it begins.
















1/9/2011, 8:00 PM. I receive an intrepid visitor!
















1/9/2011, 10:00 PM. No trace of human activity here.
















1/10/2011, 6:30 AM. My detective skills tell me it didn't snow much after my roommate came home.




















1/10/2011, 10:00 AM... starting to melt.
















Also, snowstorms are perfect turkey pot pie opportunities. Actually, I heard a story on NPR the other day that 2011 is supposed to be the year the cupcake finally meets its demise and we embrace the superiority of pie. Maybe people have happened upon the secret delight that is nibbling on buttery crust dough as it's being rolled out, or maybe people realize that essentially everything is better when it's baked into a crust, which I cannot say with confidence for cupcakes. Anyway, I'm off to make a Honey-Thyme Apple Pie. Stay warm, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment