Saturday, April 16, 2011

Eating Local in Memphis, Exam-Style

Taking finals never. ever. becomes any easier. It does, however, become more annoying. Luckily, I'm about to take my last set of law school finals. ever. ever.*

I subsist mainly on coffee and takeout during those four unholy weeks each semester. When I do make food, I try to cook things that have plenty of protein to keep me focused (and from mindlessly grazing). Here are some recent noshes:

















In the boring-but-serves-its-purpose corner: toasted quinoa, black beans, and scrambled eggs, mixed up with a little bit of salsa.

















In the oh-dear-God-I-can't-even-think-about-cooking-right-now corner: a New York Club from Fino's From the Hill. Sometimes I want to marinate myself in that tomato-onion dressing.**



*and then there is a tiny, pesky bar exam lurking at the end of July.

**kidding. not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment