Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back from Abroad!

Hey all. I'm back from a wonderful (and much-needed) post-Bar trip, backpacking in northern Spain. Unfortunately, my start date at work got moved up, and I started this past Monday after having gotten in on Saturday. I plan to resume posting after I get settled in at work. I know I don't really owe any posts to anyone, but I thought putting that resolution on the blog would make me accountable.

With that, I leave you with a picture of the most glorious thing I saw there: La Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece of a cathedral in Barcelona. It is amazing in person. It was started in the 1880s and won't be finished until 2030 or so - which is nothing when you think about Gothic cathedrals and how long they took to complete, really.




2 comments:

  1. This is truly a delightful blog you have, and I hope you find time to continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, friendly anonymous commenter. Life has been in flux/transition since work started. Housing is also transitional at the moment, and it is surprisingly hard to take pictures and blog when you don't love or feel comfortable in your new kitchen yet. But! I miss blogging and hope to resume soon.

    ReplyDelete